HIDE Frost Advisory issued October 23 at 9:50AM EDT until October 24 at 9:00AM EDT by NWS Blacksburg
...Areas of frost expected early Thursday morning in mountain
valleys and some low lying areas of the Piedmont...
.High pressure will provide clear skies, dry air, and light winds
that should allow temperatures to drop to near or below freezing
by early Thursday morning in mountain valleys - with isolated near
freezing temperatures possible in some low lying areas of the
Piedmont. As a result, areas of frost will develop that may kill
sensitive vegetation that is uncovered or left outside.
...FROST ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 9 AM
* WHAT...Development of frost.
* WHERE...Mountain valleys and low lying areas in portions of the
* WHEN...Tonight until shortly after daybreak on Thursday.
* TEMPERATURE...Upper 20s to lower 30s in the deeper mountain
valleys to lower to mid 30s in some sheltered areas of the
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Development of frost will be the most
prevalent in the mountain valleys which will experience somewhat
colder temperatures for a longer period of time than the more
isolated instances that will occur across the Piedmont.
* IMPACTS...Any sensitive vegetation left outside may be killed
due to frost.
Directions: From exit 73 on I-40 at Old Fort, NC turn onto Catawba Falls Road, traveling about 3 miles to end of road. Trail head is on left across an old bridge. Hike 1.3 miles to base of first falls and .2 miles to second falls. Dangerous climb to second falls.